Raise your coffee mugs…..It’s almost here ladies, one more day, we’ve come so far, you can do it!!
Welcome back silent morning coffee time, welcome back sanity. Welcome back being able to go to the grocery store and actually get only what I need. Welcome back to the house being clean for more than a 1/2 hour at a time. Welcome back morning walks, breakfast with the ladies and the freedom to make plans that do not include being the personal assistant/chauffeur/chef to my kids, at least for a portion of the day.
The school buses were doing their practice rounds last week and I happened to see one go by and I spontaneously started a one person wave. It was fantastic.
This summer has taught me the following:
- Wrinkles and gray hair are child-induced.
- I have turned into my parents.
- Working from home while the kids are home for the summer is an impossible task.
- No matter how many vacations and activities you plan, your children will be bored at some point and demand that you do something about it.
- Teenagers (and preteens) can devour $300 worth of groceries in one day and still be hungry for more.
So, a genuine welcome back, from this mom to the public school system… I’ve missed you so.
One more day…..one more day…………
Ana, I knew you would!
I ‘ m so happy…I might just put my feet up and have a glass of wine…..at 8:30am in the morning!
How was that breakfast wine? tee hee.
Nobody appreciates teachers as much as mother does. God Bless back to school day! I’m so freaking excited! Great post, i’m calming down now.
The excitement was hardly containable as the last one got on the bus!!!
how did you know? 🙂 Well said, once again.