Now if the Bears were playing I would have a tad more enthusiasm. So we are left with the Packers and the Steelers…so bleh. I guess if I had to choose a team to cheer for it would be the Packers, ya know, just to be neighborly and all. I have been to Green Bay but never to Pittsburg. Wisconsin for the nature and water parks, like most Chicagoans, I make the trip over once in a while. And another reason to root for the Packers is that we like cheese. Yum, cheese is gooood. Now Pittsburg is great, I’m sure. Just never have been there and have formed no opinion.
Okay, back to the game…I am looking forward to seeing the much hyped commercials and well as the half time show (Luv me some Black Eyed Peas), but what happens in between won’t interest me much. That is when I will be making my trips back and forth from the kitchen to the family room with salty snacks to satisfy the troops. I started yesterday with desserts. Made some chocolate cake and super delicious shortbread thumbprint cookies with apricot preserves. That should hold us over if the kids do not demolish them before game time.
I have to give props to my lovely sister who invited me to a party recently where I discovered my new favorite dip. It is called Buffalo Chicken dip and it is AMAZING and perfect for Super Bowl Sunday! Here’s that recipe if you are still deciding what to make today:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/2 cup Frank’s® RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce or Frank’s® RedHot® Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 (9.75 ounce) cans Swanson® Premium Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained
- Assorted fresh vegetables or crackers
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir the cream cheese in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate with a fork or whisk until it’s smooth. Stir in the dressing, pepper sauce and blue cheese. Stir in the chicken.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken mixture is hot and bubbly. Stir before serving. Serve with the vegetables and crackers for dipping.
If you feel like having pizza, I just received a text from Little Joe’s over on 80th Avenue and they have a Super Bowl special…One Party size pizza with one topping for $9.75 but you must mention the special when ordering to get the deal. If you have not tried Little Joe’s yet, you are in for a treat because they have the best pizza around, hands down.
So if we do not get to watch our team play in the Super Bowl game, at least we will eat well while sulking…..GAME ON!